Trouble in Skyrim is a radiant quest which you can only receive from Farkas.
The target location is randomly determined from a list of places in Whiterun Hold that have bosses. It can be any of the following:
- A Bandit Camp: Halted Stream Camp, Redoran’s Retreat, Silent Moons Camp, Valtheim Keep, White River Watch, Treva’s Watch
- A Falmer Hive: Shimmermist Cave, Lost Echo Cave
- A Forsworn Camp: Serpent’s Bluff Redoubt
- A Giant Camp: Bleakwind Basin, Guldun Rock, Sleeping Tree Camp
- A Hagraven Nest: Serpent’s Bluff Redoubt
- A Vampire Lair: Broken Fang Cave, Shriekwind Bastion
- A Warlock Lair: Fellglow Keep, Rannveig’s Fast
- Kill the leader of the assigned location.
- Return to Farkas.
Farkas has received a contract to clear out a troublesome area. You need to travel there and kill the leader in order for the quest to clear. The quest is randomized and repeatable.