- Speak to Maramal about marriage and the Amulet of Mara, he will then allow you to purchase one for a small price.
- Find somebody who you wish to marry and make sure they like you(this can be achieved by performing a quest for them).
- Wear the Amulet of Mara and ask them to marry you.
- Go to the Temple of Mara and attend your wedding ceremony.
- Select a house for you and your new spouse to move into.
If you are interested in getting married you must first speak to Maramal in Riften. He can be found in The Bee and Barb tavern preaching to the locals. Talk to him about getting married and he will instruct you to get an Amulet of Mara. You may purchase one from him at this point for a small fee.
Now you must find an NPC in whom you have an interest. The person that you wish to marry must have a high disposition for you. This is easily achieved by performing a quest for that person. When you have met your ideal soulmate you must wear the amulet which will give you new dialogue options concerning marriage.
Ask the person to marry you and if they say yes you can organize a wedding ceremony the next day by talking to Maramal. Early in the morning the next day your spouse will be waiting for you in the Temple of Mara
Go through with the ceremony and you will be now legally married! Be sure to speak to your spouse before they exit the temple to decide where the two of you will be living.