Houses in Skyrim are buildings in which the player may sleep and safely store items in non-respawning containers. Each major city has a house, of varying size, quality and cost, available for the player to purchase. There is no limit to how many homes the player may own, only a limit on how many houses are available. If you get married, your spouse has the option of moving in to your house.
Sleeping in a bed in your house provides a temporary boost to your Health and Magicka; the boost obtained by sleeping in your own bed is higher than that from other beds. However you will not gain any rested bonus if you have the Beast Blood effect from becoming a werewolf.
- Breezehome (Whiterun): Available for 5,000 gold.
- Honeyside (Riften): Available for 8,000 gold.
- Vlindrel Hall (Markarth): Available for 8,000 gold.
- Hjerim (Windhelm): Available for 12,000 gold.
- Proudspire Manor (Solitude): Available for 25,000 gold.