Enchanting is the ability to add magical effects to items such as weapons, armor and clothes. The process of enchanting can be done at any of the arcane enchanter locations throughout Skyrim.
How to Enchant
You Will Need…
- An enchanted weapon or armor to learn the enchantment from.
- A weapon or armor that is not enchanted to later enchant.
- A soul gem with a soul trapped in it.
- An Arcane Enchanter nearby to enchant or disenchant weapons and armor.
- Disenchant an enchanted item with the Arcane Enchanter to learn its enchantment.
- Select the weapon or armor to enchant and the effect.
- Select the soul gem you wish to use, the soul gem affects the amount of charges on a weapon or quality of the enchant on armor.
- Enchanter (1/5): New enchantments are 20% stronger.
- Enchanter (2/5): New enchantments are 40% stronger.
- Enchanter (3/5): New enchantments are 60% stronger.
- Enchanter (4/5): New enchantments are 80% stronger.
- Enchanter (5/5): New enchantments are 100% stronger.
- Fire Enchanter: Fire enchantments are 25% stronger.
- Frost Enchanter: Frost enchantments are 25% stronger.
- Storm Enchanter: Shock enchantments are 25% stronger.
- Insightful Enchanter: Skill enchantments are 25% stronger.
- Corpus Enchanter: Health, magicka, and stamina enchantments are 25% stronger.
- Extra Effect: Can put two enchantments on the same item.
- Soul Squeezer: Soul gems provide extra magicka for recharging.
- Soul Siphon: Death blows to creatures, but not people, trap 5% of the victim’s soul, recharging the weapon.
- Sergius Turrianus in the College of Winterhold (Expert)
- Hamal in Markarth (Master)
- Catalogue of Armor Enchantments
- Catalogue of Weapon Enchantments
- Enchanter’s Primer
- A Tragedy in Black
- Twin Secrets