Block allows you to reduce damage from melee and ranged combat, using a shield or weapons. As perks are gained, block allows you to do damage with your shield, or disarm your opponent.
- Shield Wall (1/5): Blocking is 20% more effective.
- Shield Wall (2/5): Blocking is 25% more effective.
- Shield Wall (3/5): Blocking is 30% more effective.
- Shield Wall (4/5): Blocking is 35% more effective.
- Shield Wall (5/5): Blocking is 40% more effective.
- Deflect Arrows: Arrows that hit the shield do no damage.
- Elemental Protection: Blocking with a shield reduces incoming fire, frost, and shock damage by 50%.
- Block Runner: Able to move faster with a shield raised.
- Power Bash: Able to do a power bash.
- Deadly Bash: Bashing does five times more damage.
- Disarming Bash: Chance to disarm when power bashing.
- Shield Charge: Sprinting with a shield raised knocks down most targets.
- Quick Reflexes: Time slows down if you are blocking during an enemy’s power attack.
- Njada Stonearm of the Companions in Whiterun (Expert)
- Chief Larak in Mor Khazgur (Master)
- A Dance in Fire, v2
- Battle of Red Mountain
- Death Blow of Abernanit
- The Mirror