The School of Alteration involves the manipulation of the physical world and its natural properties. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Waterbreathing, magical protection, and Paralysis.
Alteration is one of the five schools of magic in Skyrim. Alteration magic affects the world around it by altering the laws of reality. Increasing this skill reduces mana cost when casting alteration spells. The Alteration skill tree has a total of 10 perks, requiring a total of 14 perk points to fill.
[catlist name=alteration orderby=title order=asc numberposts=9999]
- Novice Alteration: Cast Novice level Alteration spells for half magicka.
- Alteration Dual Casting: Dual casting an Alteration spell overcharges the effects into an even more powerful version.
- Apprentice Alteration: Cast Apprentice level Alteration spells for half magicka.
- Magic Resistance (1/3): Blocks 10% of a spell’s effects.
- Magic Resistance (2/3): Blocks 20% of a spell’s effects.
- Magic Resistance (3/3): Blocks 30% of a spell’s effects.
- Adept Alteration: Cast Adept level Alteration spells for half magicka.
- Expert Alteration: Cast Expert level Alteration spells for half magicka.
- Atronach: Absorb 30% of the magicka of any spells that hit you.
- Master Alteration: Cast Master level Alteration spells for half magicka.
- Stability: Alteration spells have greater duration.
- Mage Armor (1/3): Protection spells like Stoneflesh are twice as strong if not wearing armor.
- Mage Armor (2/3): Protection spells like Stoneflesh are 2.5 times as strong if not wearing armor.
- Mage Armor (3/3): Protection spells like Stoneflesh are three times as strong if not wearing armor.
- Melaran in Solitude (Common)
- Dravynea the Stoneweaver in Kynesgrove (Expert)
- Tolfdir in the College of Winterhold (Master)
- Breathing Water in Ilinalta’s Deep, Kraldar’s House, and on a crate near Ilas-Tei’s body north of the College of Winterhold.
- Daughter of the Niben in Understone Keep – straight ahead, up the stairs, on a table to the right and reward for completing the quest Hitting the Books by Urag gro-Shub
- Reality & Other Falsehoods in Snow-Shod Farm’s basement and on a table in the Yngvild throne room, next to Arondil’s throne. Also dropped by Orchendor in Bthardamz.
- Sithis in Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- The Lunar Lorkhan in Faldar’s Tooth and Solitude Lighthouse